This website is owned and operated by Coolkidz Pty Ltd ABN 98 293 897 047. We are committed to protecting your privacy and take this responsibility seriously. We are very careful about how and when your personal information is collected and used. Your rights to privacy are also protected by the Australian Privacy Principles in force under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
When do we collect information about you?
Collection of your personal information can occur through the following interactions:
• when you sign up for our newsletter subscription
• when you register with us by creating an online account
• when you make a purchase, submit an order, registration, requests or applications for our products or services (by phone or electronically);
• when you use any of our services including when you access and use our website, mobile apps, or interact with us via social media or digital media;
• when you communicate with us directly (including in person, via telephone and social media channels such as Facebook and Instagram)
• when you interact with us during promotions, competitions, or special events;
• when you post a review or leave a rating on this site or complete our surveys;
• if you attend one of our functions or events;
• any other time where you may supply personal information to us from time to time.
We may also collect personal information about you from third parties including:
• third party service providers who provide services or functions on our behalf, such as IT service providers, delivery service providers and fulfilment managers, mailing houses, our insurers and brokers, and marketing agencies;
• third party sources and platforms, such as public sources, social networking sites, information service providers and third-party analytics providers to whom you have provided your personal information;
What information do we collect?
The kinds of personal information we may collect include:
• your name and contact details, such as your physical address, email address and phone number;
• payment information;
• your purchase history;
• information required to verify your identity;
• your company name (if applicable);
• information about your shopping preferences/selections;
• account preferences, activity details and interactions (including statistics on page views and clicks), transaction details (such as payment method and where you shopped);
• information relating to your participation in, and interaction with our newsletter subscription program;
• statistics about visits to our websites such as domain name and the time and date our website was accessed;
• gender, your current stage in pregnancy, and birth date; and
• any other information you may provide to us from time to time.
We also make use of “cookies” on our websites. A cookie is a small software message sent to your web browser by our web server website – for example, how you entered our site, how you navigated through the site, and what information was of interest to you.
Most Internet browsers are set up to accept cookies. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you will need to adjust the settings of your browser to refuse all cookies or to notify you each time a cookie is sent to your computer.
We use third parties including Google Analytics Advertising features to promote our products and services. Google and other third parties collect data about traffic to this site via advertising cookies and identifiers which are used to display ads on other sites that are relevant to you, based on your previous visits to this site. If you would like to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, please click here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
When you click on links and banners on our sites that take you to third-party websites, you will be subject to that third party’s privacy policies. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of those third-party websites.
Why do we collect and disclose this information?
We collect your personal information for purposes necessary to sell and promote our products and services to you. In addition, we collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions:
• to provide our products and services to you;
• to tailor how we provide and market our products and services to you, based on your purchase history, shopping preferences and personal information you have provided us so that we can provide you with relevant consumer information and notify you of products and special offers that may be of interest to you across our brands, but not limited to, Coolkidz, Gaia Baby, WonderFold and UPPAbaby (“Our Brands”).
• to carry out quality control and research (including via customer satisfaction surveys), analysis and tracking;
• to provide value-added services and marketing and remarketing across Our Brands and our promotional partners through our websites, social media channels or other marketing mediums.
• to communicate with you, including about products and services, competition results, special offers, and events that might interest you.
• to answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
• to interact with you via social media and digital marketing;
• to create orders, transaction records, and agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
• provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers and fulfilment managers;
• to carry out administration, marketing, planning, procurement, product and service development, fraud and loss prevention activities;
• to consider and respond to complaints made by you;
• to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities.
We may also collect data about you on an aggregate and anonymous basis in order to help us improve the functionality of our website and tailor the way we communicate with you.
We may disclose your personal information to:
• our related entities;
• our suppliers/manufacturers where that is necessary or desirable to assist with resolving issues associated with product warranty claims;
• professional advisers (such as lawyers, accountants or auditors) and insurers;
• payment systems operators and financial institutions;
• third-party service providers that assist us in performing our functions and activities (e.g.providers of communication (e-mail) or data storage services, IT support services, and HR administration services);
• organisations authorised by Coolkidz to conduct promotional, research or marketing activities;
• third parties to whom you have requested we disclose your information; and
• any other person as required or permitted by law.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties and service providers located outside the country in which you live. These include:
• our services providers that are located overseas or hold and store data overseas including the United States of America and India.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
When you provide your personal details, you consent to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes. From time to time, we may contact you with information about products and services offered by us and our related entities and our business partners or affiliates, which we think may be of interest to you.
You may unsubscribe from our direct marketing communications. If you do not wish to be contacted for direct marketing purposes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long does Coolkidz store your Personal Information?
Your Personal Information will be removed and/or made anonymous when your Personal Information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which these Personal Information are processed. Your Personal Information will be stored for as long as necessary to provide the services you have requested. We may also need to store your Personal Information for when we have a legal obligation or to resolve disputes. In addition to that, we can assure you that Coolkidz will not store your Personal Information longer than permitted by law.
If you have any questions regarding how long your Personal Information is stored, please contact us via email@example.com.
How can you access or correct your personal information?
You can request access to the personal information we hold about you at any time, and we will provide you with that information unless we are prohibited by law from giving it to you or permitted by law not to provide it.
You will not be charged for requesting access to your information, although we might charge the reasonable cost of processing your request, including photocopying, administration and postage. We will advise you of any fee payable before we process your request.
You can also ask us to correct the personal information we hold about you. We will ordinarily comply with such a request. If we do not, then we will notify you of our refusal, together with reasons for the refusal and your right to complain about our refusal.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
237 Frankston-Dandenong Rd
Dandenong VIC 3175